The British International Freight Association is calling for last minute entries to the 2009 BIFA Awards, and is promoting the message: if your business is winning, then make sure you tell people.
The deadline for entry forms is 5pm on Friday 18th September 2009. After that date, there will be two weeks to complete a written submission. The deadline for the Young Freight Forwarder Award is 5pm on Tuesday 6th October 2009.
Category finalists will be shortlisted at the end of October, and winners will be revealed at the BIFA Awards Ceremony Lunch to be held on Thursday 21st January 2010 at a central London venue.
The nine BIFA Freight Service Awards 2009 are:
• Air Freight Award – sponsored by British Airways World Cargo
• Environment Award – sponsored by CargoWise edi
• European Logistics Award – sponsored by TT Club
• Ocean Freight Award
• Project Forwarding Award – sponsored by BBC Chartering
• Special Services Award – sponsored by Forward Computers
• Staff Development Award – sponsored by Albacore Systems
• Supply Chain Management Award – sponsored by BoxTop Technologies
• Young Freight Forwarder Award – sponsored by Johnson Stevens Agencies
The event will be hosted by a woman for the first time in its 30-year history, with author and broadcaster Frances Edmonds presenting the awards.
Edmonds is married to cricketer Phil Edmonds and wrote the best seller Another Bloody Tour about going on tour with her husband.
Brian Greenan will be the new toastmaster for the awards ceremony.
Robert Keen, BIFA executive director, said: “If your business is winning, then make sure you tell people. There can be no better way than to take part in the BIFA Awards to celebrate success. You will be judged by independent professionals. Enter the competition and you will raise your profile, and be part of the positive media coverage that is generated by the scheme.”