Palletways is opening a new central hub in Lichfield, just 500m from its existing hub, that will increase capacity by 8,000 pallets per day.
The site comprises 11,500 sq m of warehouse and sortation space, 750 sq m of office space and a trailer park with capacity for 300 trailers
Other expansion plans include:
- a 40 per cent in regional operations in London, Oxford and Scotland
- New planned hub facilities in central Germany (Homberg), Southern France (Lyon and Montpelier) and an unconfirmed location in Eastern Europe
- The extension of the group’s distribution network into the Nordic countries.
- The continued roll-out of the group’s digital information hub across its networks in Europe
- New online booking facility for customers
Managing director Luis Zubialde said: “Our growth into new markets has been supported by our significant and continuous investment in new infrastructure in the UK and abroad and the development of improved communications technology to extend the reach of the business and drive efficiency and performance. We will continue to build on these solid foundations over the coming 12 months.”