The RHA has called on party leaders to “ensure the future stability and prosperity of the UK road haulage industry.
The association has created a new manifesto, which encourages a number of improvements and changes, including:
- Road investment and facilities to support competitiveness
- The unfair fuel duty differential between the UK and the rest of Europe
- Emissions and air quality and the need for a realistic HGV scrappage scheme
- The skills shortage within the industry
- Brexit, including measures to maintain border controls at Calais.