London sets out road plans for Paralympics

LinkedIn +

Transport for London has set out details of the Paralympic route network which will come into force from Wednesday 29th August, following the dramatic finale to the Olympics on Sunday. 

The network. It will have 8.7 miles of Games Lanes on the routes between the City of London, where the International Paralympic Committee will be based, the Olympic Park and other venues, including ExCeL, the North Greenwich Arena, Greenwich Park and Royal Artillery Barracks.

[asset_ref id=”1796″]

Just as under ORN operation, a penalty charge of £130 will be issued to owners of vehicles who break the PRN regulations in London, including driving in Games Lanes or stopping along the route and any illegally parked vehicle will be removed to a vehicle pound and may incur a release fee of £200.

The Olympic Route Network is still with us  for a little longer. Restrictions are due to end at midnight on Tuesday when the vast majority of athletes, officials and media have left London.

The 109-mile ORN includes 30 miles of Games Lanes. All physical measures on the ORN will be removed by the morning of Thursday 16th August.

Throughout the Olympic Games, only around 40 per cent of Games Lanes were in operation at any one time, meaning the remaining 60 per cent were open to general traffic.

Share this story: