Sunday 25th Sep 2016 - Logistics Manager

Bootmaker picks Ceva for store deliveries

Macintosh, parent of Jones Bootmaker and Brantano stores, has handed a €8m three year distribution contract to Ceva Logistics to make deliveries to its network of 250 stores around the country.

Ceva will provide around 22,000 store deliveries a year from Macintosh’s distribution centre in Coalville, Leicestershire.

Around 80 per cent of the volume will be distributed through a dedicated fleet, and the remaining 20 per cent will be dispatched using Ceva’s network and cross-dock facilities across the UK.

As well as day time deliveries, Ceva will also provide night time unassisted deliveries where Ceva opens up retail stores and places product within a specified location. Around 8.5 million pairs of shoes will be delivered each year.

Terry Boot, Macintosh Retail Group UK finance director said: “The combination of a dedicated and network based solution was particularly attractive to us and we are looking forward to recognising the significant cost savings this will bring to our business and working with Ceva to improve our distribution activities.”

Jones Bootmaker has more than 100 high street shoe stores while Brantano has 144 out of town stores in the UK. The chains are part of the Netherlands-based Macintosh Retail Group NV.