Dirt is the main cause of long-term damage to floor markings, so to increase their longevity ASG Services recommends a series of maintenance steps.
- Sweep the floor with a brush or mechanical cleaner as often as required to avoid dust and dirt accumulating. If a mechanical floor sweeper is used softer bristles are recommended over hard, which tend to be more aggressive and will scratch and dull the paint surface.
- Wash and scrub the floor regularly using the correct detergent solutions. For general cleaning many industrial cleaning solutions are appropriate and a weekly clean is recommended but areas subject to heavy forklift or other material handling equipment traffic should be cleaned more frequently.
- Avoid using stiff bristle brushes or caustic and solvent based solutions as they are liable to cause dulling.
- Place mats at entrance doors to reduce dirt and moisture being transferred to the floor.
- Avoid sliding or dropping heavy or pointed equipment.
- Do not drag or push pallets.
- Repair any significant damage as soon as possible.Concrete shrinks even more dramatically when it is in a cool location such as a freezer store.