Eight ways to improve the environmental performance of your warehouse:
- Rain water harvesting
- Energy efficient lighting
- Timber FSC (Forest Stewardship Council – promotes responsible management of forests)
- Low water volume WCs
- Organic paint – minimising volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can be toxic.
- Recyclable yarn carpets (By using carpets with a third less nylon and recycled yarn, the environmental impact is reduced).
- Office walls built with DSG, an inert by-product of the power generation industry, which would otherwise be a waste material. It’s being used to supplement the natural gypsum in the plasterboard.
- Solar thermal hot water heating – water is heated by the sun, then circulated through a coil in the hot water cylinder. This preheats surrounding water which is stored ready for use.