The IntraLogisteX exhibition will take place on the 26 – 28 February at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry and will feature a comprehensive conference agenda with 20 experts sharing their knowledge of how to use the latest technology to ensure you stay competitive.
Sessions start at 10:30 and will include presentations from Lucas Systems, BOARD, Pierau Planung, OrderWise, Access Group, AutoStore, SPAR International and many more.
Day one agenda is as follows:
10:30 Dynamic Work Optimisation and Intelligent Slotting in the DC
- Labour is the largest operating cost in most DCs and traveling between locations often accounts for as much as 50 per cent of labour time.
- Lucas’ Dynamic Work Optimisation (DWO) tool reduces travel time by up to 70 per cent, resulting in increased productivity and lower labour costs.
- The presentation will highlight how DWO achieves this, along with using Intelligent Slotting algorithms to further reduce travel and increase pick-density.
James Hart, Business Development Manager, Lucas Systems
11:00 Too Many Spreadsheets? Is There a Better Way?
- Highlight some key areas where working with multiple spreadsheets can hold your business back
- Outline what alternatives there are and give some real-life examples of how much time you can save if you break free from spreadsheets
Gavin Clark AMCILT, Logistics and Distribution Specialist, BOARD MIT
11:30 Logistics IQ – The intelligence test for your fulfilment. Analyse – Optimise – Compare
- Discuss factors in a company’s logistics performance that cannot be influenced
- How do you stay competitive if you cannot control them?
- Discuss methods to compensate any disadvantage, and convert it to your advantage
- Pierau Planung shows how existing logistics can be objectively evaluated and in turn made “smarter”
Ric Nuttall, Head of UK, Pierau Planung
12:00 Preparing your business for the Robotics Revolution – How to compete through cost effective warehouse automation
- What are the challenges businesses face and how can warehouse automation help overcome them
- Reducing cost per order fulfilled while increasing fulfilment speeds and accuracy
- Why warehouse automation is becoming essential for businesses of all sizes
Jon Roberts, Senior Sales Manager, OrderWise
12:30 Not every cloud (WMS) has a silver lining
- Cloud v on-premise – which is right for you?
- What is the cloud and why is it important to define it?
- Weigh up the pro and cons of on-premise vs cloud
- Questions to ask when choosing which deployment will work for your warehouse management software
Rob Hodgson, WMS Specialist, Access Group
13:00 Returns Optimisation
- Prevention is better than cure: the minimisation of returns.
- Methods, techniques and technologies to maximise revenue, minimise customer returns and reduce costs
- Handling returns optimally across the supply chain
- The evolution of the customer service model
Darren Hall, Owner, Scoptima Ltd
13:30 AutoStore cube storage solution, increasing space and picking efficiency
- Increasing storage density with AutoStore
- Increasing picking efficiency with AutoStore
- AutoStore Black Line- UK launch of the new solution line from AutoStore
James Smith, Business Director, AutoStore System Limited – UK and Ireland
14:00 The process of customer delivery demands
- Why are customers’ expectations so important in the retail industry?
- How do retailers meet the demands of customers?
- Explore what retailers are doing to meet the changing customer expectation
Tom Rose, Head of International Operations, SPAR International
14:30 Final Mile e-retail challenge, sustainability and the next generation workforce
- Supply chain – logistics, e-retail and what is this thing called Express
- Pineapple from Costa Rica to home delivery
- Perception of free home delivery
Carl Lomas MBE, Institute of Couriers chair and fellow in logistics University of Derby
15:00 End of Day
Find out more information here.