Tuesday 27th Sep 2016 - Logistics Manager

Mitsubishi completes purchase of UniCarriers

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has completed its takeover of forklift manufacturer UniCarriers.

The UniCarriers shares are owned by two Mitsubishi subsidiaries. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Forklift & Engine Turbocharger has a 65 per cent stakes, while the other 35 per cent is owned by Mitsubishi Nichiyu Forklift.

The UniCarriers Group was created in 2011 from the mergers of the brands Nissan Forklift, TCM and Atlet.

It is headquartered in Tokyo with branches in Europe, America and Asia. It’s European headquarters are located in Mölnlycke near Gothenburg in Sweden.