The Freight Transport Association and the Location and Timing Knowledge Transfer Network are to host a free workshop called Improving Satellite Navigation for Commercial Vehicles, next month.
There will be a range of presenters and delegates, from the FTA, the Department for Transport, local authorities, vehicle operators, and the technology and global positioning industry.
The workshop will cover:
* The current market situation of satnav for commercial vehicles
* The barriers to take-up of the technology, updating mapping data, gathering HGV data and presenting data in a format that is easily useable by the industry
* What products would be attractive to commercial vehicle users
* How to get local authorities engaged and to produce meaningful lorry routes
* How to gain credibility and reliability of data and technology with users
* How to arrive at commonality of standards and reporting formats
* Ways to collaborate and progress
It will take place on Thursday 2nd July from 10am to 3pm at the National Physics Laboratory, Teddington. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.