John Lewis’s new automated distribution centre at Milton Keynes has revolutionised the department store’s supply chain. General manager John Munnelly will be explaining how at the Logistics Manager Conference which takes place at Logistics Link North in September.
Logistics Link North follows the success of Logistics Link Live, which saw visitor numbers rise 13 per cent.
Other sessions at the conference include:
Flattening costs while ramping up customer service
Molson Coors is keeping costs flat in a tough economic climate while at the same time keeping the supply chain focused on the customer.
Andy Hadley, Director of Logistics, Planning and Supply Management.
Trends, Issues and Challenges in Supply Chain Management
Facing increased turbulence – the new normal Landscape of opportunities – sector differences Logistics- moving past the challenges.
Julian Mosquera, Director LCP Consulting, PhD Logistics Management and previously lecturer at the University of Liverpool
Creating the space to improve horizontal collaboration
Horizontal collaboration in supply chains is required to reduce wastage and therefore demands explicit management of the collaborators’ interfaces for maximum efficiency. TAILgate is a possible technology solution that will deliver the collaboration space.
Stephen Rinsler, Director Bisham Consulting and International VP, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
The right staff for business success
Facing the challenge of skills shortages in logistics How to find and develop staff with the qualities needed to improve productivity and service.
Dr Mick Jackson, CEO, Skills for Logistics
Better value outsourcing
How to use KPIs in outsourcing contracts to incentivise providers to supply a tailored service.
Nigel Kotani, Partner with LLC Law LLP, solicitors specialising in the logistics sector.
Streamlining warehouse processes to improve operational efficiency and customer service
Automating your warehouse to drive down costs and improve efficiency Aligning warehouse and distribution needs and practices.
Kevin Zwolinski, Founder and Director, Click on Logistics
From Fire Power to Fine Art
How the apparently different worlds of Military and Fine Art logistics have much in common – with some intriguing insights into achieving world class performance in customer centric organisations. Anytime, anyplace, anywhere – high performance agile logistics. Taking logistics seriously – making logistics a strategic function.
Stuart Beeby, Global Logistics Director Sotheby’s and formerly a Wing Commander in the Royal Air Force
Logistics Optimisation Clinic
A new feature of Logistics Link North will be the Logistics Optimisation Clinic. Industry experts will be on-hand to provide free advice and consultation on a range of logistics optimisation issues.
The free consultation sessions will run for 20 minutes with seven slots available per day for each consultant.
Experts from Bisham Consulting will cover:
* Avoiding common pitfalls to create a highly effective supply chain strategy
* Transport and warehousing efficiency, capacity and improvements
* Optimising stock levels and its location – demand planning
* Improving your outsourcing and contract negotiation
* Trouble shooting lack of space and inefficient layouts
* Optimising your inventory and stock availability
* How to turn low productivity around and improve customer service
Experts from Catalyst Logistics will cover:
* Improving efficiency across the complex logistics networks of large national and multi-national organisations from visibility and performance through to planning and optimisation.
Experts from The Logistics Business will cover:
* Getting your warehouse automation right to drive down costs
* Improving e-commerce fulfilment to streamline your processes
* Supply chain modelling for common sense solutions
* Running a headache-free retail distribution operation
* Warehouse layout planning – getting it right from the start
* Easy ways to get your inventory control running at optimum efficiency
Logistics Link North will feature free WiFi throughout the show, courtsey of Extricom, so visitors can come to the show and keep up with any urgent business back at the office.
Where and when
Logistics Link North takes place from 27-28th September 2011.
It will be held at V3 which is located on Firstpoint, a key business and distribution park in Doncaster with excellent access to Junction 3 of the M18.
V3 consists of three high bay distribution units, all constructed to a high specification, one of which is now occupied by Amazon. There are two remaining units available, V277 at 277,232 sq ft and V246 at 246,755 sq ft.
Full details at: http://north.logisticslink.co.uk