The Freight Transport Association, in partnership with Transport for London, is holding a key conference for companies and other stakeholders concerned with the movement of freight in the capital. The London Freight Summit will be held at the London Hilton on Park Lane on Tuesday 7 March 2006.
The Summit will bring together all the main stakeholders that have an influence over how London’s freight needs are serviced by industry. These include freight operators, local authorities, regulatory bodies and vehicle manufacturers. The summit will focus on:
· London low emission zone: the Mayor’s proposals for cleaning up London’s air;
· Decriminalised parking: a new code of practice for loading and unloading in London to ensure consistent, fair enforcement for commercial vehicles delivering in London;
· London Freight Plan and the future of the London lorry control system in a 24-hour city;
· Congestion charging: future plans and integration into national road pricing;
· Evasion of fines by foreign trucks: new initiatives to extend the reach of enforcement authorities into mainland Europe;
· Planning for the London Olympics in 2012.
Speakers and programme has not yet been announced.