CMA CGM says it will hold 97.89 per cent of CEVA’s outstanding shares 16th April – settlement day for its bid.
It plans to set up a CEVA operational centre in Marseilles (CMA CGM’s headquarters) to bring together the management teams and support functions. It has set out plans for:
– improving productivity by investing in information systems and digital technology;
– refocusing local teams on customer service;
– achieving a more balanced customer segmentation;
– streamlining the corporate organisation, in particular by reducing the number of regions and harmonizing processes;
– implementing more targeted, more customer-focused communication.
CMA CGM chairman Rodolphe Saadé said: “This successful transaction marks a major milestone in the history of CMA CGM’s growth. With CEVA, CMA CGM has confirmed its position as a leading worldwide maritime transport and logistics group, supported by a team of 110,000 employees. We can now offer our customers a complete range of solutions that meet all their needs and set us apart from the competition.”