Aerospace component manufacturer Aircelle Maroc has become the first Moroccan company to achieve Oliver Wight class A accreditation.
Since implementing the Oliver Wight Class A programme, service levels at Aircelle Maroc have improved a minimum of 98 per cent, having previously fluctuated between 70 per cent and 80 per cent.
At the same time, stockholding levels have been reduced by a third, saving hundreds of thousands of Euros, and the company has received formal recognition from Rolls-Royce for its ‘class-leading’ OTIF delivery achievements.
There have also been significant reductions in manufacturing cycles, with assembly of some products reduced by as much as 50 per cent. This has been achieved in 18 months.
“The savings we have made in stockholding are worth €7.5 million, or about €30,000 every working day,” said supply chain manager, Ludovic Boisrame.
“One of the key enablers was the breakdown of barriers between functions, underpinned by the Class A work. As soon as everybody was working from a single set of data, it was easy to see where the improvements could be made and measured.”
Casablanca-based Aircelle’s customers include engine and airframe manufacturers, such as Airbus, Gulfstream, Rolls-Royce and Power Jet.
Oliver Wight is sponsoring a pre-conference day at the Extended Supply Chain Conference which takes place in April.
Entitled “Driving a competitive value chain through greater supply chain optimisation”, it will focus on optimising the supply chain and benchmarking for success. Sessions include:
* How can your supply chain deliver an efficient and profitable business?
* Bringing together tools, processes and people to deliver long standing results
* Supply chain excellence – why it’s now business critical
* Using external partner collaboration to improve your demand forecasting
* Interactive workshop: using benchmarking to create motivation for change
* Panel discussion: inventory optimisation and forecast accuracy: two sides of the same coin?
Speakers will include: Dave Manning, managing partner, Oliver Wight and Les Brookes, CEO, Oliver Wight.
ESC2012 takes place at the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel in Central London from 16-18 April. Details at: www.esc-lon.co.uk/en/default.aspx