Kiddicare in logistics move to expand multi-channel

LinkedIn +

Kiddicare has chosen Wincanton to provide logistics services as it moves from a predominantly online retailer to a full multi-channel operation challenging Mothercare. 

Morrisons bought Kiddicare in February last year, and earlier this year bought ten former Best Buy locations and is investing £15m to turn them into Kiddicare stores.

At the moment 85 per cent of  Kiddicare sales come from its web site and mobile platforms. Its Peterborough store accounts for the remaining 15 per cent.

Grant Henley, Kiddicare’s operations director, said: “We needed to find a supply chain partner who we could trust to manage a complex and rapid warehouse start-up that also had the experience and ability to meet the challenges of a multi-channel sales environment.”

[asset_ref id=”1717″]

Wincanton will manage the fulfilment for the both the new stores and Peterborough. It will re-fit a 200,000 sq ft site at Daventry to receive, pick and pack goods for the stores as well as the online orders.

Online orders will continue to be dispatched to the customer from the company’s Peterborough distribution centre. The first Kiddicare goods into Daventry are expected in July.


Share this story: