The Freight Transport Association has launched the Logistics Carbon Reduction Scheme Awards for 2014.
The awards will recognise the efforts of individual members of the scheme to reduce their carbon emissions from freight activity.
The categories are:
* Best fuel efficient operation (sponsored by Bridgestone)
* Best use of alternative low carbon fuels and technologies (sponsored by Iveco)
* Most innovative fleet management
* Breakthrough in modal shift
* Leadership in logistics carbon reduction
The awards will be presented at the association’s annual Logistics Carbon Reduction Conference, to be held in May 2014.
“The Awards signal to customers, stakeholders, policymakers and the public that the freight industry is making significant efforts to contribute to solving the climate change challenge,” said Rachael Dillon, the FTA’s climate change policy manager.