Rail freight should be put at the heart of post-Brexit trade links, the Rail Freight Group has told politicians in the run-up to the general election.
It has set out five priorities for the next government:
- Put rail freight at the heart of post Brexit trade links
- Invest in rail freight infrastructure and technology
- Provide a stable environment for freight to enable private sector investment
- Restore and promote rail freight grants to support new services
- Enable the development of modern fit-for-purpose terminals