IntraLogisteX exhibition visitors will have the opportunity to learn best practice from industry experts with the exhibition’s conference programme which will feature the likes of HelloFresh, XPO, Wincanton, Vaillant, FTA and many more on day two on 27 February at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
Day two conference agenda is as follows:
10:00 The fulfilment and automation journey for HelloFresh
- Where does HelloFresh come from and their customer base
- From start up to a billion dollars in 3 years
- The challenges of automation
- How HelloFresh is meeting those challenges
Richard Shipperbottom, Managing Director of Applied Acumen Limited, and formerly VP Supply Chain Development, HelloFresh
10:30 The art of picking and packing systems
- Upscaling conventional Picking Processes linked to a production environment
- Autonomous Vehicles within a Picking and Packing production system
- Future plans and innovation.
Adrian Ancliff IMBE, Head of Production Logistics & Scheduling, Vaillant Group
11:00 The future of in-house logistics? M&S – Move and Store
- The Automated Guided Vehicle is rapidly becoming the preferred solution for in-house logistics.
- In many applications the AGV is only half the answer. In-line storage, buffering or queuing still needs to be addressed.
- The iCart Shuttle and iCart Truck together form an integrated M&S solution that helps minimise labour and floor space in a cost effective manner.
- It is currently transforming how mail is moved and buffered in some of the largest mail distribution centres in the UK
Chris Smith, Chief Executive and creator of the iCart
11:30 Forklift and LGV Interaction on the Loading Bay
- Explore the considerations and best practice around vehicle loading from the point of a view of the forklift operator and the LGV driver.
- Discuss ways to work together to reduce risk and improve safety using forklifts and LGV interaction
- How to improve safety on the loading bay via lift truck and LGV Interaction?
Gavin Hutchinson, Senior Auditor & Examiner, RTITB
12:00 Dynamic Work Optimisation and Intelligent Slotting in the DC
- Labour is the largest operating cost in most DCs and traveling between locations often accounts for as much as 50 per cent of labour time.
- Lucas’ Dynamic Work Optimisation (DWO) tool reduces travel time by up to 70 per cent, resulting in increased productivity and lower labour costs.
- The presentation will highlight how DWO achieves this, along with using Intelligent Slotting algorithms to further reduce travel and increase pick-density.
James Hart, Business Development Manager, Lucas Systems
12:30 Not every cloud (WMS) has a silver lining
- Cloud v on-premise – which is right for you?
- What is the cloud and why is it important to define it?
- Weigh up the pro and cons of on-premise vs cloud
- Questions to ask when choosing which deployment will work for your warehouse management software
Rob Hodgson, WMS Specialist, Access Group
13:00 Getting Logistics Ready for Brexit
- Session content to be determined by political outcomes between now and the date of the conference and their impact on the logistics sector
John Lucy, Manager-International Transport & Trade Procedures, FTA
13:30 Is your warehouse automated?
- How can warehouse automation help retailers meet the needs of evolving consumer behaviours
- Understand how to keep a more agile and effective response to logistic challenges
- Discover what benefits warehouse automation and new inventory management technology can achieve
Paul Durkin, Director of Home and eFulfilment, Wincanton
14:00 The connection between customer satisfaction and returns
- When looking to create a customer centric experience, why is reverse logistics important
- Discuss how returns can impact customer relationships
- Understanding the link between product return behaviour and purchase behaviour
Steph Tite, Returns Manager, XPO Logistics
14:30 End of the day
Find out more information here.